As you know this month is child abuse month and I wanted to highlight a few very important facts and statistics to remember about child abuse:
- Every ten seconds a report of child abuse is made
- 1/3 of all abuse victims go on to abuse their own children.The cycle of abuse can only be stopped if people recover from their own issues before having their own children.
- The rate of child abuse in the United States from birth to age three is 16. 4 per 1,000 children
- 3 million reports of child abuse every year are made
- The causes of the continued cycles of abuse are silence, ignorance and denial
So please please please be a voice for the defenseless and the most innocent